Friday, March 18, 2011

Sweet Tooth

I made the worst decision of my LIFE a couple days ago. We are doing this project in Health class where each student has to do something as a "lifestyle change" for three weeks. It can be adding exercise, smoking less, eating differently... you get the point. WELL, I chose to give up sweets and anything with excess added sugar. And, to add to it, I bet Ben that I could do it. WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!?! What pregnant lady wants to give up warm cookies, milk chocolate, gooey oatmeal with lots of brown sugar, highly processed foods with lots of unneeded sugar... KETCHUP?! I love ketchup. I eat it on eggs, I eat it on chicken (any chicken), I eat it with steak (depending on the cut), fries, hamburgers, hot dogs, meatloaf, and I can't even force myself to eat fish without ketchup. The list could go on. Not to mention, I have the world's largest sweet tooth. I adore chocolate, gummies, licorice (only red, not black... ewww), ice cream, or just a spoon full of sugar (which doesn't really help the medicine go down because it gets stuck in your throat). Thankfully, I've been really good at limiting myself from these delicious delicacies (or delicious, generic, sugary, empty calorie products) so that I don't gain extra baby weight. But to cut myself off completely? What was I thinking? I think the pregnancy is making me lose it a little... maybe I'm not all there. MAYBE I'm using too much brain power towards school and the baby, and I don't have any left for regular life. Either that or something unnatural influenced my decision. And what's even worse: I'm going home this weekend (I'm already all booked, so don't ask to hang out!) and my old job has the BEST FREAKING COOKIES EVER (since they got the new baker). They are ooey, gooey, melt-in-your-mouth, and absolutely tasty. I crave them. I love them. I might as well dream about them! If Ben weren't cuter and more talkative than the cookie, I might have decided to date the cookie instead (however, that would have been a short lived relationship. I don't think it could have lasted after the cookie past through my digestive system). Alas, I might have to lose this one...

On a different note... 165 days left until my due date! Also super exciting, 24 days left until my ultrasound. I can't wait to see my little baby on that screen (and find out if Goy is a boy or girl). This is going to be a BIG first in my life. I imagine that nothing will ever quite match the feeling I'll have with my ultrasound to see my first child. And I'm not sure if I could possible be more excited. Any moms out there, how did you feel at your first ultrasound?

Well, class is about to get out (have I ever mentioned that this is a boring, pointless class), so I bid you adieu! Have a fantastic weekend, I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment