Sunday, March 6, 2011

FINALLY!

I have sufficient time to write a nice, long, blog.

I got home Friday evening around ten, thanks to my ride, Joe. That's an interesting story... the way I got the ride, not the ride home itself.

How I Got Home: My mom informed me weeks ago that she wouldn't be able to pick me up for spring break. See, none of this would be a problem to begin with if my car hadn't broken down for good the first time I went to go home. But, alas, that DID happen, so it DID cause a problem. Like I said, my mom couldn't pick me up. Her hospitable self had been working on a wedding (it took place yesterday) for days and didn't have seven hours to share with the road to and from Gainesville. I told her that I would probably be able to hitch a ride with my rad roomie, Courtney, since she lives in Sarasota. However, Courtney had the audacity to not go straight home for spring break. Imagine that! So, my mom expressed her stressed schedule to a friend of hers with a "to top it all off, Alex doesn't have a ride home..." Well, apparently her friend's son goes to school in Georgia and was going to be on the road home that day, as well. Super weird part: he and my roomie went to school together. So, needless to say, I hitched a ride with him.

After I arrived home, I spent a couple hours with Kalli. However, my pregnant self doesn't like to stay out super late, so I was home and in bed by 12:30 am. Saturday (the next day) I ended up helping with the wedding.

How I Got Roped Into the Wedding: Needless to say, I hadn't done laundry in a while. A big reason for my lack of laundering was due to my enormous, disgusting, horrifying Organic Chemistry exam that took place at 4 o'clock pm on the last day of school before spring break. HOW AWFUL. But back to the laundry... Like I said, I was too busy studying night and day to do laundry (plus, why pay to do it at school when you can take it home and do it for free?) So when I woke up Saturday morning/afternoon decided to call my mom and ask her if I could come do laundry at the house where the wedding took place (it's actually our house, but we are renting it out for season and staying in a little one bedroom apartment/duplex on the Island.... thank God for my little dorm room!) Yes, indeed, I could come over and do laundry. I got there at about noon, noon thirty... and didn't leave until 8 that night! Ask me why. Okay, I'll tell you... While my laundry was in the process of being laundered, I decided that I would help with some of the food prep. My mom always helps me, so I figured that I would help her. Well, I ended up actually having fun helping. So I stayed for a little while longer. Then, I decided that I wanted to watch the wedding ceremony (which almost made me cry even though I didn't know the bride or groom at all... it's just my pregnancy hormone... sigh...). Then I decided that I couldn't miss the reception! Why leave at the most fun time? Needless to say, I ended up helping throughout the whole wedding. But I had a lot of fun and I got to help my mom and hang out with her. I tell you what, though... my feet and my back were absolutely killing me. Goy's little (almost) 4 inch self is really taking a toll on my comfort. But, it will all be worth it. And helping my mom was worth the pain. I love to see her in her element, doing what she loves with the help of people who love her.

I got my Medicaid cards the other day. I was wondering why I had received two envelopes that said something about Medicaid cards being enclosed... until I opened the first one and saw that it was for "Baby of Alexandra Conte". HOW CUTE IS THAT?

Today, I'm getting my hair cut, thank God. It's been long awaited. I'm getting rid of all this nasty, dead hair. Then dinner with Lori, Johnny, and Aiden :) Loving Spring Break.

Well, that's really all I have right now. Not much of a baby update, but there isn't much to say. I believe Goy is doing swimmingly (yes, pun intended) and my belly is getting a little bigger, but not noticeably. I'm still in the "is she fat or pregnant?" stage. Oh well. "This too shall pass"... right? Au revoir!

P.S. How far along should I be when I have my baby shower?

2 comments:

  1. My Baby Shower happened in Early October, so I was around 8 months, but I don't really know what the typical timing is. If you want gifts to reflect boy or girl I'd probably wait until you find out. I hated the is she fat or pregnant stage...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd just say to wait until you know the gender to have a baby shower. I know some girls who planned one for 8 months but they ended up having an early baby so their showers were after they had their wee ones enter the world :)

    ReplyDelete